Monday, October 21, 2013

Morning Walk

My body was achy and tired this morning. I had a double treatment last week and this was the after effect from the drugs. I was able to go for a walk. It was a crisp morning, leaves fallen along the path. I watched my steps, feeling my feet inside my boots and the sun warming my pants.

Thoughts grabbed for my attention, but as soon as I recognized it, I released them and went back to the simple act of my body walking. I felt the contrast from the cold shady areas and the sunlit ones. It felt as though the light was a physical force pressing against my clothing and skin. The stiffness and achy feeling began to melt away. 

A simple act, walking, but when I got home, I had a different emotional state. I felt refreshed and at peace. So I start my day. 

No comments: